Mixing and feeding directions:
Mix 1 measuring cup (4oz) of KID MILK REPLACER with 1.5 pints (24oz) of water.
For larger batches mix at a rate of 1.35lbs of KID MILK REPLACER with 1 gallon of water.
For restricted hand feeding with a bottle: Make a concentrated mix (slurry) by adding KID MILK REPLACER to 1/3 of the quantity of water at 135 degrees F. Mix with wire whip until all product is dissolved. Add additional cooler water to equal the total volume needed. Feed reconstituted milk replacer at 100 degrees F according to the following schedule:
- Day 1-2 Colostrum
- Day 3-4 1/3 pint of milk replacer solution
- Day 5-9 1/2 pint of milk replacer solution
- Day 10-13 3/4 pint of milk replacer solution
- Day 14-Weaning 1 to 1.5 pints of milk replacer solution
Baby goats can be weaned at 6-10 weeks of age, providing that they are weighing about 25lbs.
For cold ad lib feeding with free access feeders: make a concentrated mix (slurry) by adding KID MILK REPLACER to 1/3 of the quantity of water at 135 degrees F. Mix with wire whip until all product is dissolved . Add cold water to equal the total volume needed. Allow reconstituted lamb milk replacer to cool off to room temperature before feeding. Cooled KID MILK REPLACER is used to limit intake and prevent over-eating. A one day supply can be mixed at one time.
*Measuring cup in each bag holds approximately 4oz of dry product.
CAUTION: This product contains Decoquinate that should be fed at 22.7mg per 100lbs of body weight per day.
- KID MILK REPLACER can be used to save orphan kids, weak kids, unclaimed kids, and kids from multiple births. It can also be used to replace salable goat milk.
- Feed the doe's colostrum for at least the first 24 hours of life. Feed 22 ml/lb of body weight of colostrum right after birth and every 6 hours for the frist 24 hours.
- Assist kids for the first day or two on the feeding device used.
- Provide a dry, warm and draft free pen to start kids on KID MILK REPLACER.
- Provide a high quality baby goat starter feed at one week of age. Kids should be offered fresh water free choice.
- Keep milk replacer feeding equipment clean.